Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
THERE HAS BEEN A CHANGE TO THE FORUM, INTRODUCING A NEW "FORUM MEMBER" SUBSCRIPTION MEMBERSHIP CATEGORY FOR NON-ARG MEMBERS.This membership is available through our membership page www.airfieldresearchgroup.org.uk/members/membership-rates for a annual fee of 10 pounds. For less than three pence per day you will be able to help ensure the continued existence of the forum.
More information on these changes is detailed within the ARG Community thread www.airfieldresearchgroup.org.uk/forum/i...ing-changes-to-forum . Please contact us at www.airfieldresearchgroup.org.uk/contact-us if you have any questions in regards to the changes.
We hope you will understand the need to make this change to ensure the continued success of the forum and support the charity's decision.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: WHERES THE PATH website problems

WHERES THE PATH website problems 06 Dec 2018 15:23 #11

• netcompsys
  • Thank you received: 710

StuartBr wrote: I just got

"Google have recently ended free use of their mapping services by medium volume websites. Their huge price hike for such sites means that after ten years or so, Where's the path will probably have to close. For now, it is running on limited daily quotas so may fail on you from time to time. I doubt there is anything you or I can do about it.

Thanks for all the support over the years. Bill Chadwick Dec 2018"

I am pretty sure that they have always been "quota"ed by google, often when trying to access via a link in an evening I have not been able to get the "full picture" so to speak

Clearly the daily quota has significantly decreased now.

Another indication that the large internet businesses are seeking to monetarise their formerly free, successful, services which we come to rely on, thinking of Flickr and Photobucket in particular.

We have become used to believing that these services, in fact anything on the internet, is free, but in reality nothing is really free long term
kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WHERES THE PATH website problems 06 Dec 2018 16:25 #12

• StuartBr
  • Thank you received: 16
I think the original quota limitations were from Ordnance Survey rather than Google

WHERES THE PATH website problems 06 Dec 2018 21:35 #13

• REF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 432
WTP no longer working:

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.441 seconds